Alevai

Monday, November 06, 2006
  Child's Play


I am nearly positive that all of you all ready know just what Child's Play is all about. But, for those who don't, here's what the website says:

"With the help of hospital staff, we’ve set up gift wish lists full of video games, toys, and movies. You can go to each hospital’s list and buy a toy, and that toy will be sent to the hospital. Some of these kids are in pretty bad shape. Imagine being stuck alone in a hospital over the holidays, getting something from a fellow gamer would really raise their spirits. Some of the stuff the hospital will give away for kids to keep, while other gifts (like consoles) will be kept by the hospital for patients to use throughout the year."
The gifts shouldn't be gift wrapped. Any other questions should be checked out here.

Not to toot my own horn, but I donated last year. I try to give to a lot of charities, especially at this time of the year, but this year -- due to the fact I'm broke -- I'm going to have to cut back on the money I give. BUT, Child's Play is the one charity I'm keeping on my list. I'm sure there are others out there in the same financial spot as me, but try to give something. Even $15.00 can be used to buy a gift for a child. They raised over $600,000 for children last year. Let's help them make it to a cool million this year!

Also, I'll be placing a banner for Child's Play and leaving it there (and on my other websites) until after Christmas.

God Bless
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Subscribe to Alevai and get new chapters right in your Emailbox!
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Hi and welcome to my story blog, Alevai.


Here, you will learn about the adventures of Elizabeth, Madison and Becca who, along with their trusted American Eskimo Dog, Sky, journey to the land of Alevai.
This site is updated with a new chapter each week.
I encourage you to leave your comments. Please remember when leaving your comments, that this site is child friendly.
Enjoy your stay in Alevai.

Blessings,

Julie

Check Out The Headlines at:
Eskie Lover

ARCHIVES
10/2005 / 11/2005 / 12/2005 / 01/2006 / 02/2006 / 05/2006 / 09/2006 / 11/2006 /

The Story so far...

Web Comics

More blogs about alevai.

Powered by Blogger