Alevai

Wednesday, May 10, 2006
  Alevai - Chapter Eight
Aaron began to make his way to the Schein with both girls following closely.

“Mr. Flisler, may I ask you a question?” Maddie asked.

“Please, Maddie, call me Aaron. What would you like to know?”

“Well, I thought dragons liked to eat children.”

“Heaven forbid! I should eat a child!” Aaron exclaimed. “I do not eat any meat.”

“Then you’re a vegetarian?” Elizabeth asked.

“A veg-a-what?”

“A Vegetarian. Someone who only eats vegetables.”

“Oh, yes, yes, I suppose I am what you call a vegetarian. I don’t like to hunt animals. Little creatures should be my friends, not my food, I always say.”

“Are all dragons vegetarians?”

“No, but most dragons do not eat people. Most of us are quite civilized. Speaking of eating, are you girls hungry?” Both of them nodded. “Well, I see a maranz tree up ahead. This is the perfect season for maranzes. Do you girls like maranzes?”
“I’ve never had any maranzes,” Maddie said.

“Well, I think you girls will like them.” Aaron approached the tree and inspected the fruit. He pulled down three maranzes and handed one to each girl and kept one for himself.

The maranz was the size of a grapefruit, yellow in color and had a skin very similar to a banana. Aaron showed the girls how to open the skin. Inside, the fruit was neon pink.

Maddie looked over at Elizabeth. “I don’t think I can eat this,” she said.
Elizabeth nodded in agreement, but then she felt her stomach rumble. “Well, we should at least try it.” She pulled out a piece of the fruit. Fruit juice ran down her arm, as she popped it into her mouth. Once she had chewed and swallowed, she smiled at Maddie. “This is awesome. Try it, Maddie.”

While the girls ate their maranzes, Aaron told them of the history of Alevai.

“You see, every twenty years, a young girl from your world is crowned our new queen.”

“From our world?” Elizabeth asked. “How can that be?”

“A portal opens and the young girl just appears, very similar to what happened to you. Then, the girl is crowned our new queen, except, twenty years ago when the young girl came through the portal; Queen Elva Zores had her imprisoned. She refused to give up the crown.”

“Then what happened?”

“Well, the wizards joined together and tried to defeat Queen Elva Zores and her army, but they lost. Those that survived were either imprisoned in the dungeon or they fled to the Schein. That is where we are headed now.”
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Subscribe to Alevai and get new chapters right in your Emailbox!
Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Hi and welcome to my story blog, Alevai.


Here, you will learn about the adventures of Elizabeth, Madison and Becca who, along with their trusted American Eskimo Dog, Sky, journey to the land of Alevai.
This site is updated with a new chapter each week.
I encourage you to leave your comments. Please remember when leaving your comments, that this site is child friendly.
Enjoy your stay in Alevai.

Blessings,

Julie

Check Out The Headlines at:
Eskie Lover

ARCHIVES
10/2005 / 11/2005 / 12/2005 / 01/2006 / 02/2006 / 05/2006 / 09/2006 / 11/2006 /

The Story so far...

Web Comics

More blogs about alevai.

Powered by Blogger